How to become an Accounts Assistant?
Accounts Assistant assists the accountants; they assist in the preparation of financial records, managing a company’s finances and office administration. They play a significant role in your calculations, which are essential in preparing company accounts, filing and many other tasks.
What are the job roles of Accounts Assistants?
- Balancing Accounts
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Completing VAT returns
- Checking company bank statements
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Preparing statements of income and payments
- Checking that accounts are accurate
- Preparation of wages
- Managing expenses claims
- Using computerised accounting systems
- Helping to prepare annual accounts
- Assist accountants
How can you become an Accounts Assistant?
It would help if you had training, but no need for a degree, one of the following makes you qualified:
- AAT accounting level 2, 3, or 4.
- AAT accounting qualification (foundation level, intermediate and technician levels)
- Degree in business and finance or accounting.
- IAB Diploma in Accounting and Advanced Bookkeeping Level 3
- NVQ accounting levels 2, 3 and
- IAB Diploma in small business financial management Level 3
What are the skills required for the job role of Accounts Assistant?
- Pay Attention to the details
- Customer Service
- Independent work
- Oral & Written Communication
- Computerised Accounting
- Problem Solving
How much is the approximate salary of an Accounts Assistant?
Salary depends on the business size, type and location. Fresh/new qualified Accounts Assistant would be earning around £17,000. I have more experience; then you can earn £30,000 annually.
How can KBM Training help you in becoming an Accounts Assistant?
This course provides good working knowledge and practical experience on the different bookkeeping methodologies and practices essential to record and store financial information daily effectively. The training includes a complete understanding of bookkeeping, tax returns, and payroll accounting principles. Our CPD certified accountancy professionals will help you in the Accounts Assistant training.