United Kingdom - Manchester - Altrincham -
- Line management of Bought Ledger team and responsibility for ensuring staff within the team know their roles and are appropriately line managed including sickness, grievance, disciplinary, mentoring and performance management.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchase ledger invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner and that the purchase ledger is well maintained with appropriate checks such as statement reconciliations.
- Periodic review of purchase ledger to ensure oddities are looked at and dealt with, such a debit balances.
- Assist in the day to day maintenance and management of the accounts system and offer insight and direction to improve and automate the system further
- Maintain good relationships with managers from all departments to ensure that information flows smoothly both to and from those departments
- Assist in the documentation of systems and procedures and recommend improvements in efficiency and process ensuring adequate documentation for the JSOX requirements
- Assist with review of regional office use of systems and their interaction with Finance and ensuring compliance with procedures/systems and JSOX
- Assist with producing regular balance sheet reconciliations as requested by the Financial Accountant.
- Assist with preparation of tax returns and tax packs
- Deputies for the Financial Accountant during periods of absence
- Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Board of Directors
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Highly numerate. Excellent analytical, data and spread sheeting skills. The ability to communicate with non-finance people in a clear and understandable way. Excellent system skills with previous experience in Sage X3 or similar ERP system beneficial. A passion for getting things right and improving system efficiency and integration with other systems. Good time management and the ability to work well with people in a team (including people management whilst deputizing for the Financial Accountant). The ability to break down a complex problem into manageable chunks and deal with these. Minimum of part-qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA. Minimum 2 years experience of a similar role. Experience of using or installing a large ERP system.