To undertake assignments spanning Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) providing an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal controls across operational, financial, and other business areas. To promote the profile of Internal Audit through the sharing of best practices and working closely with senior management across the business.
The role will involve a wide variety of projects with exposure to all functional areas in the business including commercial, factory, function audits and ad hoc assignments. This will ensure excellent exposure to a wide range of the Groups activities and processes and provide an excellent opportunity for future progression within the Group.
- To lead and be accountable for the planning and execution of risk based, operational and financial audits under the guidance of the Internal Audit Director.
- Responsible for the quality control of audits and delivery of high-quality audit reports.
- To discuss findings with responsible management, focusing particularly on areas of business risk, control weakness and operational efficiency enhancements.
- To prepare and agree summary reports of findings and recommendations.
- To undertake follow up of significant recommendations to ascertain whether improvement actions have been implemented.
- To be involved in further developing the use of data analytics in the planning and execution of audits.
- To be involved in business projects or ad hoc assignments (e.g., self-assessment programmes, investigations etc.), contributing risk and control expertise together with analytical and investigative skills.
- Keep up to date with business developments (including acquisitions, new systems, new products and services etc.).
- To assist in the preparation of quarterly summary reports for discussion with the Audit Committee, BU or regional management. To lead and support in the risk assessment for the region.