You are responsible to focus on continuous control improvements across all areas to ensure sustained improvement of the control framework in an efficient, cost effective, streamlined, and value-add manner. Has the experience to Lead and direct a team of professionals and presents a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact to achieve the objectives of the function, while maintain a sound and controlled environment. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions and identify possible risks. The observation and application of strong commercial awareness is a necessity, while identifying, observing, and controlling all risks. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the Business Risk end results of the Wealth At Work business. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, when needed, and including management of people, budget, and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval if required. Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding company, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices.
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting the execution and delivery of the our Operational Risk Management agenda, coordinating and serve as liaison with our EMEA Group function, on the co-ordination of relevant work programs.
- TheRisk Lead Manager, will work with the Businesses, to manage, control and enhance the control environment.
- The candidate will coordinate with us and contribute on the creation and or updates of processes to address the variety of internal and external control policies.
- Responsible for the execution of the Risk Control coverage strategy for the business, ensuring appropriate risk mitigation actions are in place and escalate to senior management as appropriate
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking and execution of corrective action plans involving our organization team, and for overseeing appropriate and on-time remediation of risk issues, root cause analysis and remediation of control weaknesses or errors identified through the risk and control assessment processes or through operational losses or risk events.
- Ensure that emerging risks identified are socialized with key stakeholders and mitigation strategies are in place.
- Responsible in the representation of the company in supporting the commercial implementation of unique activities impacting the business including analysis and management of the risks such implementation may cause, coordination of policies & Procedures implementation, and alignment with all company wide policies and procedures.
- Candidate will serve as liaison and as Internal risk and control related consultancy on initiatives (including digitization, digital platforms and programs, client experience, business, and regulatory change) that impact the control environment, ensuring that these are managed effectively from the point of view of risk and control.
- Responsible in identifying areas of engagement based on level of inherent risk, complexity of change and other risk factors
- Responsible for delivering process and control deep dive review activity as required by the Head of Business Risk and Control.
- Responsible to provide supervision of Risk Control team's efforts and assist with prioritizing and addressing roadblocks encountered
- Responsible for managing and supporting the Assessment Unit, and leveraging reporting to identify trends, themes and areas requiring improved controls.
- Inclusive Driving the Manager’s Control Assessment monitoring, quarterly approvals, and improvements.
- Responsible for escalating, managing, and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.