Internal Audit Senior, Public Sector Assurance
United Kingdom - West Midlands - Birmingham -
Our Public Sector business is looking for an Internal Audit Senior to join the Birmingham team.
As an Internal Audit Senior you will be required to support and work closely with senior members of our Public Sector internal audit team to manage assignments of moderate complexity and variety, in line with the audit plan and company LLP’s internal audit methodologies. You’ll also:
- Develop proficiency in applying internal audit principles, skills and techniques by performing audit tests of varying degrees of complexity
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks which effect activities
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the BDO internal audit methodology and quality assurance requirements.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence
We’re in it together
We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- Life assurance cover;
- And income protection insurance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Prior experience in an Internal Audit function and public sector experience or a genuine interest in the field. Professional qualification ACCA / ACA or equivalent. Proficient in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel and flow charting software such as Visio. Full driving license and own car is preferable, as well as flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel.