Public Affairs- Project Administrator
United Kingdom - London -
You will be providing administrative and project support to researchers working on social research and evaluation projects, for example setting up meetings and schedules, making travel arrangements, formatting and checking data and reports, and dealing with project expenses.
- Setting up project team emails, organizing regular team meetings/booking rooms, sending confirmation of meetings and interviews using Outlook, taking notes at project meetings as required
- Monitoring and managing project inboxes and/or voicemail helplines and relaying messages
- Formatting client materials using Word and PowerPoint
- Managing logistics for qualitative research projects – monitoring recruitment of participants in spreadsheets, compiling and collating fieldwork materials and stimulus, managing sound files and digital recorders
- Drawing up schedules for fieldwork and occasionally doing some direct recruitment of participants over the telephone/MS Teams
- Onboarding participants for fieldwork- talking them through any technical issues, making sure they have got all their briefing materials
- Coordinating relationships with key suppliers and building networks e.g. recruiters, freelancers, tech platforms
- Observing fieldwork and doing note taking
- Dealing with job expenses, handling incentives for those taking part in research, including ordering, collecting, making up envelopes
- Some script checking, building quantitative top lines and charting data
- Figure checking and proof-reading reports; checking data in tables
- Using our financial system to take out job numbers, proposals, requesting quotes from internal suppliers and issuing customer satisfaction monitors
- Some general office duties including sorting mail, maintaining stationery supplies
- Taking responsibility for incoming tender opportunities, distributing them to the right teams and updating our tracking systems.
- Responsibilities will change to include responsibilities like booking travel once we resume face to face fieldwork
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidates will have some existing project management/administrative experience, will be intuitive, highly organized and flexible, with a proactive attitude and careful attention to detail. Highly proficient and skilled in MS Office packages including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Capability to manage own projects and workload. Highly organized and able to manage many different tasks simultaneously. Able to work quickly and flexibly to manage a high volume of work to tight deadlines. Enthusiastic, flexible to changing needs, resilient and able to remain calm under pressure. Good oral and written communication skills. A keen eye for detail and accuracy. Logical and able to understand data. Able to demonstrate initiative, motivation and effective team working skills.