The role is suited to a bright, committed and passionate individual who is looking for a varied finance role and shows high levels of initiative and numeracy. As a key member of the finance team you’ll need to be able to solve problems proactively and have the capacity to multitask effectively. Ideally, you’ll also have a good working knowledge of Dynamics AX and Salesforce. We are looking for someone who can work alongside the Finance Manager and FD and lead in the following areas critical areas:
- Own project accounting and maintain accuracy of ledgers. An example would be identifying mis-postings to projects and reclassifying appropriately.
- Being the team expert on AR and billing status. This will involve bi-weekly meetings with credit controller and AP to provide comments against outstanding items. This role will require the ownership of non-standard billing such as long-term projects and intercompany recharges. Understanding what has been sold, reflecting that appropriately in the system, managing complex non-standard billing (Scheduling billing upon client work completion alongside partnering with the wider business to understand project progress is one example of complex billing).
- Create journals to be approved by Finance Manager to maintain up to date accounts. The journals will be uploaded by Shared Service, but preparation and approval sit. An example would be month end revenue journals/ project cost transfer journal.
- Supporting bedding in and systemizing new processes required by the Shared Service Centre (SSC) and Dynamics AX. This will require forming good work relationship and processes with Management Accountant at SSC to ensure our requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist Finance Manager with balance sheet reconciliation reviews and on follow up actions.
- Support with Omnicom (parent company) reporting. An example would be HFM revenue disclosures and assisting with review of working capital and unbilled.
- Implementing accounting best practice in line with Omnicom internal audit requirements. This requires ensuring all our finances around revenue and billing are thoroughly documented and tracked proactively. Auditable working papers are expected to be kept up to date.
- Support Commercial Finance Manager and FD on other ad-hoc Finance tasks at this job level
You will also need to be willing to roll up their sleeves and dive into project creation and quote submissions where needed in order to ensure system data we’re reporting on is accurate and up to date. As is the case with the rest of the team, this person will need to be flexible with the work assigned to them as needs will fluctuate over the coming months during this significant period of change for the finance team.
You will provide excellent development opportunities to focus on key areas of the business and will add financial and commercial stripes to any aspiring financial professional.
We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits – from a contributory pension, cycle to work, child care vouchers, free breakfasts, and regular company socials including our Summer Sports day and renowned Christmas parties too.