United Kingdom - Gloucestershire - Gloucester -
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning organization with a fantastic range of employee benefits and career development opportunities. Hours of work are 37 per week. Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
- Maintaining and updating accurately customer records on the Sage accounting system.
- Generating sales invoices and credit notes with accuracy, speed and due consideration to applicable rates of VAT.
- Processing and allocating daily receipts on the sales ledger. Registering cash, cheques, and World Pay and BACS payments accurately and on a timely basis.
- Registering sales ledger refunds and cancelling payments.
- Regular analysis of the Sales Ledger to identify misallocations and preparation of write-offs for authorization and processing.
- Generating reports from a 3rd party website, World Pay, to obtain details of customer receipts for processing on the sales ledger.
- Ad hoc printing, scanning & sending out invoices to customers.
- General administration duties pertaining to the role including filing paperwork.
- Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post which the Company deem to be within the post holder’s competence. Operational requirements of the business may dictate that overtime may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (grades A-C) or equivalent including Math and English language. Experience working within an accounting environment. Experience working with accounting packages. Excellent communication skills. IT Literate particularly with Microsoft Excel. High standard of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work on own initiative. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work as part of a dedicated team. A professional and flexible approach is required. Experience of working with numbers and or money. Experience of processing high volumes of data. Knowledge of accounts payable. Knowledge of general accounting procedures. Knowledge of accounting software and how to use it.