United Kingdom - Nottinghamshire - Beeston -
To work in the Finance department in the team for monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting. The role is an integral part of the team to manage the workload behind the delivery of both internal and external reporting deadlines. On a monthly basis to assist in the input and reconciliation of key GAAP accounting entries as well as assisting in the production of the management reporting packs sent to the business each month. On a quarterly basis assisting generally with the many quarter end deliverables, which also involves producing schedules and liaising with the audit team to ensure that audit deadlines are met. There will also be involvement with project work and liaison with the teams in the head office to assist their reporting needs where necessary.
- Assist in the monthly posting and reconciliation of journal entries from key front end systems
- Additional responsibility for quarter end journal prep and analysis necessary to finalize GAAP result
- Responsibility for specific monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and follow up
- Assist with production of monthly management reporting and analytics
- Produce necessary schedules to help smooth completion of the audit at both interim and final
- Ad hoc involvement in project and related testing work as we continue to look for process improvement/enhancements and integrate fully into The Hartford systems
- Work towards building insurance accounting knowledge and the business
- Work as part of the team to meet all reporting obligations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong academic background. University degree having achieved a minimum of 2:1 qualification. Proven ability to learn quickly and ambitious. Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of Insurance and related issues through formal and informal learning. Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to priorities and organize workload. Attention to detail. Team player with ability to work on a stand-alone basis. Flexible. Good communication skills. Experience of identifying and implementing better processes. Driven and self-motivated. Some knowledge of general insurance and its underlying principles would be beneficial, not essential. Started an accountancy qualification, such as, ACCA or CIMA and looking to continue with it. Experience of working in a finance team and application of accounting fundamentals. Accustomed to working with a general ledger system (PeopleSoft or similar). Proven record of using Excel (minimum of pivot tables and basic functions such as vlookup).