Depending on the focus of your local team responsibilities should include:
- Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Xero, QuickBooks and Sage 50
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
- Prepare both management and statutory accounts for clients under the supervision of more senior members of the team
- Undertake financial close procedures eg reconciliation of inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules
- Produce statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS for review by managers including working on consolidations and cash flows
- Applies understanding of the client to ensure the transactions are recorded appropriately, and make commercial sense, and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team for consideration.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK included reporting requirements, tax requirements (employment, corporate and VAT), filing requirements from a company secretarial perspective and general commercial awareness
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients receive excellent service
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
You’ll be able to work closely with colleagues, whether that’s in our offices, onsite with clients, or one of our brand-new hubs; when you need to focus, you’ll be able to work from home or in one of our quiet concentration spaces, using technology to stay connected with colleagues. We’ll provide the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to perform at your best, whatever the task in hand, for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;