You will be working within the school office team and supporting the school to provide routine clerical, administrative, word processing and financial support to the school. The apprentice will work under the direction and guidance of the Head teacher, the successful candidate will:
- Provide general clerical and administrative support, including word processing, minute taking, filing routine correspondence, distributing mail, basic reprographics,
- Routine financial administration, including petty cash, postage and banking,
- Maintaining and updating manual and computerized records including, for example, records of free school meals, school trips, registers, etc. including related data input,
- Undertake reception duties including answering telephone and responding to routine queries,
- Maintaining stock and ordering supplies, including the processing of orders, check of incoming deliveries, arranging for payment of invoices and the distribution and storage of stock,
- Undertake general welfare support, where required, including liaison with staff and parents,
- Work within school policies and procedures,
- Contribute to the provision of an effective environment for learning,
- Support the promotion of positive relationships with parents and outside agencies,
- Attend skill training and participate in personal/performance development as required,
- Take care for their own and other people's health and safety,
- Be aware of the confidential nature of issues,
- Undertake any of the duties normally associated with a Business Support Officer to support with their training and development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Friendly and approachable,
- Good customer service skills,
- Attention to detail,
- Good communication skills,
- Enthusiasm for the role and drive to succeed,
- Effectively use ICT,
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team.
Applicants wishing to apply for this position should ideally have GCSE Math and English at grade C/ Grade 4 or equivalent although this is not an essential requirement for the role.