United Kingdom - England -
- To undertake a thorough review of all the relevant aspects of the client’s business providing timely, accurate and concise reports with sound reasoned findings & recommendations.
- Ensure that adverse trends and statistics, clients with deteriorating profiles and suspicions of fraud are raised with the relevant Client Management teams and Risk functions.
- To complete and file reports within 24 hours of the date of the client audit
- To identify weaknesses in funding security and ensure that concerns are escalated promptly and clearly to the appropriate personnel
- To adhere to central reporting structure.
- Maintain good relationships with clients services teams and key stakeholders
- To deputies for the Client Audit Manager where required or appropriate.
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Career background in Invoice Finance, and specifically client audit.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written skills
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Chartered or Certified Accountant
- Educated to Degree or Equivalent Level